Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tic tac toe....it feels like snow

Hi everyone
First a note explaining my long absence and lack of posts!  SICK SICK SICK...its been close to two weeks, and I'm still waiting to feel normal again!  On top of  that it has  been so cold....i mean ice cold...the kind that makes u shiver just looking out the window!
So i haven't ventured out to the workshop for ages! 
 What is a sick girl do to make it better .........CHALLENGES!

I love doing challenges as they inspire me to do things i normally wouldn't,and to get moving again, one of my favourite places is cas-ual fridays

Over at cas-ualfridays the are playing Tic Tac Toe and  what a fantastic game its turning out to be .


All you need to do is use three elements in a row or a diagonal from the picture opposite, keep it clean and simple and join the fun

I was inspired by the tic tac toe board and went to work on the emboss, punch and buttons


Below is my take on the challenge.

The Base of the card is 6 x 12 inch . The white card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 and is  a sheet of white bling so has a lovely shimmer to it.
I lightly inked around the edges of the cardstock and then started making the tic tac toe board.
 I used strips of paper and ribbon layered for the board.
 Embossed a heart image and punched it out using the matching Kaszazz heart punch then
 layered it on some  more cardstock.
 When I stamped the smile image I  used two different inks ,  starting with the lighter ink colour then dabbed the darker colour where i wanted it.
Added a few buttons and TA DA
Here is a couple of close ups.
I must say i love the bright colours they make me SMILE
Hope you have enjoyed Natalie


Product list ( As always all products are from the Kaszazz Range)
Cardstock SB Basics Cricket and Denim , SB Bling White.
Ribbon is NLA
Buttons from the funky set
Stamp is 4130KC

4 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Making card is the best, isn't it? I hope you feel better and continue to make cards. I like the tic tac toe ribbon design and that you went above and beyond the required elements! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

So fun! I love literal interpretations of challenges - that's me, too!! Super fun idea for the ribbon. I so hope you're feeling better soon! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in future challenges!

Laura Davis said...

LOVE!!!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Anonymous said...

What a sweet out of the box idea! Love the ribbon tic tac toe board :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!