Sunday, August 7, 2011

30 min layout

Today's layout is one of my all time fav's of late, i love the colours and the simplicity, i think playing at casual fridays is rubbing off on my scrapbooking!

The challenge for the assignment was to try do a layout in 30 min. I knew right from the start that it was a huge challenge. I had a really good idea of what i wanted to do, edited my photos and had them ready to print when i went to the workshop.  I knew exactly what stamps  i was going to use to make the paper......and that was my downfall.....i knew had to make the paper for this layout , as i do for many of my pages. Even thought it was simple,  it still took time.



For all of the loadsters ( lay out at month class members) who admired my paper and wish to give it a try here is a list of what i used and how i did it.

1 I  chose 7 colours of ink that where close to those of the rainbow . The are all tim holtz  Barn Door , Spiced Marmalade, Mustard seed, Pine needles, Faded  jeans, dusty concord, Victorian velvet. ( is it bad that i made this layout 2 days ago and didn't need to look up the colours LOL)
2. Cut a piece of white cardstock to a bit over the size you want the finished piece. I find then it looks more natural with the stamping off the page. I made one piece and then cut it in half to the finished size. ( cutting away a little from the edges also means you loose the harsh edge you sometimes have)
3 Using an embossing liquid and a stamp of your choice , randomly stamp all over the cardstock, i do partial stamping around the edges.
4 working quickly i then cover the images with clear embossing powder. ( this technique will work on other colour papers as well )
5 I then  divide the cardstock roughly into the number of colours that i am using in this case 7 ( this ensures that you get even blending)
6 I start from one end but it doesn't really matter where you start. Using your blending tool I  colour one section at a time , then working on the colour next to it i blend together as i go.
I hope some of you will give this a go , if your unsure start with 2 or 3 colours and a small strip.
What even more details I can take some photos for u just ask.

And for all those of you wondering 65 min was what it took to finish ( and I cheated a Little as i didn't count the clean up time LOL)  Cheek back soon to see if my next attempt is any better
Next time Nat


No comments: